2009 was an, erm, interesting year for me. I got engaged, made the muy prudent move to peel away from my start-up, got married, went around the world, climbed a mountain, made wine, set up home in a second city, started this site, started various other projects and have another little company in the works... it's probably been the most eventful year of this beauty blogger's life to date. Oh yes, and there was this little annoying thing called a RECESSION. Not the first in our collective lifetime, not going to be the last.
Amidst all the clamour, there was time to post and, more for myself than anyone else, I've complied a little list of my favourites from 2009. For my favourite blurbs from the last year of the first decade of the 21st century, see my list below:
- Year in review 2008
- Beauty vending machine from U*tique
- Top beauty trends for 2009
- Scented advertising smells like a bad idea to me
- Aram Dikiciyan's ethereal beauty
- London fashion week 2009 beauty roundup
- Adult acne... does it ever end?
- Smell this now: Bois d'Alexa by Alexa Rodulfo
- Young, hip and thoughtful... meet evolve beauty eco smart skincare
- A bit of beautiful inspiration
- From the source: Marilyn Monroe's fitness and beauty secrets
ENTER OR REGRET IT FOREVER... your chance to win an Aspinal of London clutch closes at midnight on December 31, 2009. Enter here.