Hello lovely reader. If you have questions after reading this post, see my follow up post on DIY Sugar Waxing with answers to the most common questions asked... leave a comment if you have more questions... we'll answer it!AND We'll be putting together a video for you as well so you can see it in action! Stay tuned. We'll post here when the video is live on the site.
My favorite, though, is homemade sugar wax or DIY sugaring (whatever you cal it).
- Clean yer skin where you're planning to wax. For real. Unless you want infections or spots or any number of things.
- When the sugar wax has cooled to the non-runny/sticky point, scoop about an 1/8 of a cup out of the pan and start to work it between your fingers until it has a bit of a pearly sheen to it and a texture like taffy (you'll know what I mean when you do it). This makes it pliable and easy to work with, which you need since you use the same piece repeatedly.
- Rinse off hand you're not using to wax (you'll need that to hold your glass).
- Take a sip of wine/beer (you poured yourself a drink, right?) and make sure you've got the TV tuned to 30 Rock.
- Get comfy on the couch with your sugar wax in one hand, drink in the other.
- Load sugar wax onto thumb or index finger on non-drink hand.
- Next, apply the wad of sugar wax directly to hair, smoothing and smooshing it away from you in a bit of a ribbon in the opposite direction of hair growth (unlike traditional wax products).
- Then quickly (no sitting around) pull the sugar wax off your skin in direction hair grows. Be sure to work closely to the skin, not pulling the wax up and away from the skin.
- Keep doing the same thing all over using the same ball of sugar wax. This amount works for one full arm or one half leg (depending on how hirsute you are, sister).
- Take sip break.
- If necessary, repeate waxing in the same area (unlike with regular wax, this stuff doesn't irritate or pull off your skin).
- Sit back and marvel at your amazingly smooth skin.
- Decide what you're going to do with the $50 you saved on that salon leg wax.
- Pour a second drink to celebrate your clever DIY skills.
Frankly, that sounds like a better night, to me, than a night on the tiles...
My age is showing, isn't it?