Entries in France (30)
Tomorrow night you can find some seriously good beauty loot in cities across the globe for Fashion's Night Out. Really, it's a way to get shoppers back through the doors in a 'global initiative to promote retail', but don't be jaded, dear card-carrying materialist (we all are nowadays)... why not? It's their job to get us there. But it's our job as savvy shoppers to find the best bits. For me, that would be the amazing amount of beauty freebies to be handed out from India to LA. The reason this event's being held is down to the recession so why not take advantage of the offers to be had in these cash-strapped times too?
New York has the best beauty offers, LA is second and London a distant third.
New York (Purple Lab's picking up bloggers in magenta cars and driving them around town complete with cupcakes and martinis... wish I could be there for that.)
- Arrojo Studio: Offering blow-outs, bang trims and styling tips at the 56 King Street location.
- Aveda: Complimentary 45-minute hair and makeup consultations at 140 5th Avenue.
- Barneys: The heart of the beauty extravaganza to be had. Get lip readings from Lipstick Queen's Poppy King herself. Get the complete schedule at Barneys.com.
- Benefit: Jean and Jane Ford will be at Sephora Times Square to give you tips and tricks on runway looks.
- Bergdorf Goodman: EXTREME BEAUTY by Vogue exhibition, launch of Roopal Patel palette for Le Metier de Beaute, etc.
- Blue Mercury: Hosting a Tear and Wear event from 6pm to 11pm where you can tear out your favourite looks from Vogue and have experts from Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, NARS or Trish McEvoy re-create the look for you.
- Bobbi Brown: The woman herself will make a PA from 6pm to 7pm along with complimentary makeup lessons from her team.
- Bond No. 9: Perfume workshops and 20% discount.
- Diptyque: Get a free travel candle if you spend over $100.
- Face Stockholm: Launch of Icelandic Solution and complimentary hand and face treatments.
- Frederic Malle: Will be signing bottles of his scents at Barneys from 7pm to 9pm.
- Intelligent Nutrients: Anti-ageing hand treatments, cups of tea.
- Jo Malone: Free bouqets of flowers, hand and arm massages.
- Kiehl's: Celebrity-hosted 40th anniversary bash at 109 3rd Avenue.
- Korres: Detox bar, natural cupcakes, makeovers, and tips on how to sport the new 'green' colour trend.
- La Mer: Scientists from Max Huber's team will speak on biofermentation.
- Laura Mercier: Buy a pair of false lashes and have them applied for free by a makeup artist, makeup applications.
- Le Labo: Complimentary trial-sized customised scents.
- MAC: A sneak preview of their Style Black collection before it's available to the public in their Soho store with cocktails and DJ.
- Makeup Forever: Live body painting, buy two and get one free.
- Molton Brown: British pub night to celebrate the launchh of the new men's range.
- Oscar Blandi: Blow-outs and Bellinis.
- Pure Yoga: One-week pass.
London (La Perla is launching its new fragrance with custom cocktails, DVF on Bruton Street is offering mini-manis, CHANEL is doing manis in their yet-to-be-released Jade colour du jour...)
LA is having an impromptu Fashion's Night Out on Melrose from 7pm to 11pm. Beauty deals include:
- Kissable Couture: Owner/Founder Keisha Whitaker (Forrest Whitaker) will be in attendance from 8-10 PM along with their make-up artist.
- Lisa Hoffman Skincare: Therapist providing hand massages with the Lisa Hoffman Skincare products. Sampling of her skincare and spa products will be available.
- Le Metier de Beaute: On-site make-up consultant and application of this exciting and beautiful new make-up brand.
- APOTHIA Los Angeles: Designer/Owner Ron Robinson will present our own fragrance line. Gifts of our new IF and Velvet Rope lotion Minis will be given with purchases.
- Diptyque: Gregory Costanza of Diptyque will be providing his wonderful energy and great advice on selecting Diptyque fragrance. The new collection of body items will also be featured. Sampling will be available....
The rest of the world:
- Berlin (Look for the best beauty deals at Quartier 206 here)
- Japan (Sept. 11th)
- Taiwan (Sept. 10th and 11th)
The minute I realised Cannes Film Festival was here again, I instantly thought about the timeless, simple red bottles of musky, sweet perfume from France's Hotel Costes. The scent is heady (not unlike Intelligent Nutrients Seductive Spray) and, I think, perfect with just a summer dress and sandals. I also had a think about Doux Me the brand launched its Cannes spa at the Carlton Hotel on La Croisette last spring and, conveniently, also has a 'Beautyroom' at Hotel Costes. What are your favourite French brands?