Now this just looks like fun... especially if you're short on cash. Instead of going down to your local (or wherever you imbibe), get a few bottles of vino and have the girls around for a BODY SHOP AT HOME party. I know! It's great. Like an updated version of Tupperware parties/Avon calling for noughties girls.
If you're interested in joining as a consultant you can earn up to 25% commission as well, not to be sneezed at. There's a sort of sliding commission scale but if you're having a party and selling stuff that's actually nice (hello Body Butters). The site even gives you girls' night out ideas so, if you're want for one, you don't have to think of them yourself.
Clearly, this is a good way for the company to get into houses and sell their products outside of traditional retail outlets. But, for some reason, it doesn't really bother me. I like The Body Shop and even thought the late Dame Roddick sold it to L'Oreal, the products are still nice and the brand still seems to maintain many of the same values now as it did way back when.
While on The Body Shop, here's a list of our favourites products from the brand:
- White Musk Perfume Oil. It smells like my first kiss.
- Lip pencil in Beech. It's as good as MAC lip pencil in Spice.
- Tea Tree Oil. It introduced me to the virtues of acne products other than Oxy and Stridex.
- Shea Nut Body Butter. The best fragrance out of all the body butters.
- Hemp Hand Protector. It works as well as L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, making your hands feel smoother instantly.