Facialist Vanda Da Silva Serrador has shared an excellent homemade recipe with us for a cooling summer facial spritz. It's cheap as chips, especially if you're a green tea drinker:
Green Tea Skin Toner
Packed with antioxidants as well as vitamins C and E, green tea is an excellent skin toner and anti-irritant. Known as one of the most popular non-alcoholic beverages in the world, green tea has wonderful properties to soothe aggravated skin or treat sunburn.
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tsp organic green tea leaves
- 5 drops of lavender oil (anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, has a healing effect, while preventing scarring and balancing the skin)
Et voila. A facial spritz that's as good as anything in the shops and you can use it on the trot (fill up some Muji bottles with the stuff and store it in the fridge. Pop it in your purse as you head out).
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Place the tea leaves in a glass or ceramic bowl and add 5 drops of lavender in a clean glass then pour in the boiling water, leave for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Strain the tea leaves and allow to cool; you can refrigerate.
- Pour the tea into a mister bottle and spritz onto the face. Do not rinse off.